Term 1 Wednesday K-6 Class | 7 February to 27 March | Natalia | All Students Welcome!
Welcome to Term 1 2024 – Art Through The Ages!
In this 8-week course, students will develop and further understand the creative process and progress their art technique in a fun and supportive environment.
This term Students will learn about Art Through The Ages and how selected artists produce their artworks and how contemporary artists produce their works today.
This term we start with African Art and its influence on modern art. We then step into Romanticism and the works of Delacroix, Turner and Goya; Post Impressionism and the wonderous Van Gogh and then the Grey Scale works of Escher, Picasso and Charles Clary. We round out the term with a look at Environmental Art and the works of Christo and then the very interesting world of AI in Art and how Australian artist Sam Leach uses AI in his compositions.
We will also explore clay construction, soft pastels, acrylic paint, paper sculpture, mixed media using fabrics and digital art with acrylic, watercolour and oil pastels. Other techniques will include drawing as drawing underpins most of our process art techniques. We will also explore a variety of subject matters related to portraiture, landscapes, animals, still life, urban landscapes and the human figure.
The first 6 weeks is spent learning various techniques while in the last few weeks, Students develop your own Art Through The Ages inspired mini Body Of Work masterpiece based on the choice of techniques we looked at and developed over the course of the Term!
All Students are provided with;
- A Visual Arts Diary for their workings and drawing excercises throughout the Term
- An apron in class for their art activities
- A mini Fine Art Lesson each week relevant to a particular artist or style for the Term
- All Art Materials required for each weeks diverse activity
- Their own piece of Art, created in class each week, to take home!
- All the materials required to complete a Masterpiece of their choice at the end of Term
- A light snack of fruit & biscuits
- 8 Weeks of Creativity and Fun in a nurturing environment!
We also offer a Walk From School service from St Marks and Drummoyne Public School for our weekday classes. You can opt in for this service when placing your booking.
Classes are pro rata through the term so you can join in at anytime throughout the Term!
* CREATIVE KIDS VOUCHERS ($50 voucher)
Creative Kids vouchers expire on 31 January 2024
To claim your Creative Kids Voucher before it expires, please enter your 16 digit voucher number at the checkout. The voucher number will automatically discount $50 at the Checkout.
Please complete the Creative Kids Voucher details for each enrolled child.